MHS COVID-19 Mitigation Strategies
Below are just some of the many procedures, protocols, and expectations in place to help ensure student and staff safety and limit the spread of COVID. Please note that this is not an all inclusive list.
Daily Drop Off/Pick Up:
- First period officially begins at 9:30am. Therefore, we request that no student is dropped off earlier than 9:00am, unless student has an appointment with a teacher or administrator, or is attending tutoring.
- We ask that parents remain in their vehicles when dropping off their student(s). It is recommended by the CDC that the same parent/guardian drop off and pick up their student daily if possible.
- All student will complete a health questionnaire prior to entering any school building administered by school staff and faculty.
- All students and staff must wear a mask when entering any building, when exiting to the pick up area, and we ask that all maintain a social distance of 6ft minimum.
- If a student does not have a mask one will be provided for him/her.
- Students must wear a mask when in transition between classes in hallways.
- When traveling in hallways, students should keep one arm length in front and behind them.
- Students should sanitize hands at hand-sanitizing stations each time he or she enters the hallway.
- Students are to use hand sanitizer upon entering each classroom (hand sanitizer dispensers are located outside and inside of each classroom).
- When students are seated at their desks, maintaining a 6 foot distance between desks, students may remove their masks.
- If and when a student moves around the room or to exit the classroom the student must put on their mask.
- Students should have access to personal supplies at all times as sharing of materials is not allowed.
- Students must adhere to seating charts for each class period so that students remain socially distanced.
- Desks and chairs are sanitized during passing periods.
- Staff will distribute food to students, one student at a time.
- Students may socialize with friends while eating, but must remain socially distanced and seated.
- When throwing away food and/or not able to maintain a 6 foot distance from another, students must wear their masks.
Social Distancing Procedures:
- Students and staff will practice social distancing by maintaining a 6 foot distance from each other.
- Students are discouraged from having physical contact with each other, including high fives, handshakes, hugs, or other person-to-person contact.
- Activities will be altered to meet distancing guidelines.
- All athletic activities will follow all AIA rules, guidelines, and safety policies.