NUSD and Mountainside High School provide a variety of options dependent on your current status when choosing to enroll your student with us.  To make enrollment easier and more accessible, choose from any of the options that best described your student's status to complete the necessary paperwork.  Upon submission of your enrollment documents, you will be contacted regarding your student's course selections for registration and to finalize your student's enrollment, including document verification. 
Current NUSD Student
As an in-district, current student attending an NUSD elementary school, your student's enrollment is automatically submitted to MHS. Therefore, you do not need to complete and submit any enrollment paperwork. In the spring semester of your student's 8th grade year, MHS administration, teachers, and MHS students will meet with your student's 8th grade class to present important high school course credit information and provide course requests for his/her freshman year for you to review. Students will then submit their course requests to their current 8th grade teacher.



If you have not received your student's course request card for the 2021-2022 school year, please contact 623-388-2111 or email at [email protected] 

Enroll Now

In-District, Non-NUSD Student

As an NUSD in-district resident, no application for open enrollment is necessary, as MHS is your student’s designated home school.  However, if not currently attending any NUSD school, regardless if your student once attended an NUSD school, completion and submission of enrollment documents is required at the time of enrollment (A.R.S.  15-802).  Use the link below to access required enrollment documentation.  You can email your enrollment documents to [email protected] or submit your enrollment documentation in person at the MHS Main Office. For any questions, please feel free to contact:  

[email protected] or call 623-388-2111

MHS Enrollment Documents

open enrollment

Out-Of-District Non-NUSD Student

All out-of-district students must complete and submit an open enrollment application.  Arizona state law allows for students to attend schools in another school district through the open enrollment process.  Open enrollment pertains to a nonresident pupil who resides in AZ and who is enrolled in or is seeking enrollment in a school district other than the school district in which the student resides.  NUSD accepts students through the open enrollment process dependent on school and class capacity, properly completed and submitted applications, and the meeting of admission standards.  Please note that transportation for out-of-district students is not guaranteed.  Use the link below to access our open enrollment application.  You can email your open enrollment application to [email protected] or submit your open enrollment application in person at the MHS Main Office. For any questions, please feel free to contact:

 [email protected] or call 623-388-2111

Open Enrollment Application